McClanahan Studio Blog » McClanahan Studio | Your Premier Iowa Wedding, Senior, and Commercial Photographer | Award-Winning Iowa Photographers | Senior Pictures Des Moines | Des Moines Photographers

Masthead header

Kat & Eric

Eric and Kat are rockstars, even more so than most of the actual rockstars we’ve met in our day. Their personalities exude a cool confidence and they know how to light up a room. We knew Eric from our college years. He was a coordinator for the M-Shop where Dan was a sound-tech and we shared a number of memorable experiences together (typically involving music, late nights and chinese food). When he called us up and said he was engaged, we knew his fiancee would be an awesome gal. Kat easily exceeded all of our expectations! Her personality is a perfect compliment to Eric’s and we’ve thoroughly enjoyed having front row seats to witness their chemistry through our lenses.

Eric and Kat’s wedding day unfolded at Snus Hill Winery (the same place we got married!) and they were blessed with beautiful weather for their outdoor ceremony. The following are some of our favorite images from the wedding, mostly portraits that we love because Kat and Eric look so darn rad together:

Also, we feel inclined to introduce you to Eric & Kat’s “children,” Penny and Fred, that they brought along for their engagement session:

Lastly, here are a couple shots we love from the engagement session:

Kat & Eric – we love you guys! Thanks so much for entrusting us with the task of documenting your day!

• Karen Felt-Hutchison - September 10, 2010 - 12:25 pm

Clearly…Amazing work! Just gave your name to a Minnesota gal turned Iowan….who is looking at Snus Hill for her event! How could she go wrong with this combo!Thanks again! KReplyCancel

• Kathy - September 14, 2010 - 9:50 am

These totally epitomize the joy of this couple! I can just feel their love and awesome quirkiness! Beautiful images!ReplyCancel

• Shel - September 24, 2010 - 9:10 am

It was AMAZING to be at the wedding and witness the photos being taken; then seeing the beautiful outcome. Awesome couple, rad wedding, beautiful images!ReplyCancel

• Katie Seda - September 24, 2010 - 9:11 am

This was one of the most fun days ever! Alex and Dan were so amazing to work with and it felt like they were a part of our family. Love you Kat and Eric and love the pictures!!!

KatieReplyCancel

• Dan - September 24, 2010 - 9:14 am

Fantastic set. It’s a rare thing for me to want to look at other people’s wedding photos multiple times but that’s exactly what’s happened here. Captured the subject matter perfectly, looks like they belong on a movie poster!ReplyCancel

• Josh Renze - September 24, 2010 - 9:16 am

Hey guys,

Wedding was awesome. Great venue, great theme and great people to share it with. Hope nothing but the best for both of you.

JoshReplyCancel

• Andy C. Birmingham - September 24, 2010 - 9:29 am

There are few things in this world that my heart pumps love blood for. 1: Fongs Pizza, 2: Revenge of the Nerds one and four, 3: Beer, 4: Hayden Panettiere, 5: Eric and Katherine Hutchison. Over the past year I have become an unhealthy fan of this love dove team of romance and I tell you what. I. Can’t. Get. Enough. These people live life on the edge and look back at you from that edge with the middle finger in the air and jump off. Being friends with them is like reliving a Surge Commercial everyday. And their pictures reflect it. Look at these pictures; shed a tear of totality whirlwind of emotion that just crushed your soul. Then. And only then. Come to Hughs Jungle room where Eric and I will make you weak in those bee’s knees through the sultry music of Seals “Kiss From a Rose.”ReplyCancel

• Craig Bahnsen - September 24, 2010 - 9:36 am

How is it that the only visible tattoos are on Kat?ReplyCancel

• Annette Andres - September 24, 2010 - 9:46 am

I love that each of your wedding & engagement photos could be book covers and I start imagining the story when I view them. For instance the wedding photo on the stairway brings to mind Eric as a wealthy Southern plantation owner/gentleman and Katherine is a rogue gypsy princess. Eric has grown bored of all the mannerly Southern Belle’s and finds Katherine fascinating. Such fun! Now we need a book title and a writer. 😛ReplyCancel

• Sue - September 24, 2010 - 10:01 am

I have shown these photos to my friends and coworkers and the comments are:
    #1 are the people in the photos models?
    #2 these photos look like they are from a magazine
    #3 the photos of the dogs look like they are posters
    Consensus: Dan and Alex are extremely creative and professional!!!
    I love the wedding photos and they definitely tell a story that captured their personality!ReplyCancel

• Marshall - September 24, 2010 - 10:07 am

This was such a good day and the pictures reflect every bit of that goodness. The perfect portraits of the perfect couple.ReplyCancel

• Brianne - September 24, 2010 - 10:26 am

Loved spending the weekend with you guys. And miss you a lot. What can I say, the camera doesn’t lie- gorgeous couple utterly in love, not to mention being bad-ass at the same time. Yes, you have made bad-ass look oh so adow-wable! <3

@ Craig – that's a really good point.ReplyCancel

• Britney - September 24, 2010 - 11:00 am

I have been a fan of McClanahan photography for awhile now and although I only briefly met Eric in college through my boyfriend, Bjorn, I immediately recognized him in your photographs. You did an excellent job capturing their personalities and mixing your own style with theirs. Love it!ReplyCancel

• Danny Linquist - September 24, 2010 - 12:15 pm

Never in my life have I seen such cool wedding pictures. Hands down dopest pics both sides of the Mississippi.ReplyCancel

• Phil - September 24, 2010 - 1:01 pm

The photos are amazing.
    Both technically perfect and artistically unique.ReplyCancel

• Sandy Adams-Wiltse - September 24, 2010 - 3:47 pm

These are the best wedding pictures, I have ever seen.
    I have to say Eric and Kat make these photos even more amazing.ReplyCancel

• Clint - September 24, 2010 - 4:04 pm

Killer pics!!ReplyCancel

• Jennifer Andres - September 24, 2010 - 5:53 pm

These photos were so great… I wish we could get married again and have you guys shoot it… absolutely amazing!!ReplyCancel

• Libby Hotka - September 24, 2010 - 6:12 pm

Kat & Eric your wedding was such a wonderful event! You two are so perfect for each other!! We love you! I’m so glad you have these amazing photos to remember your amazing day!!

LibbyReplyCancel

• Kat - September 24, 2010 - 9:16 pm

Dan & Alex do such an amazing job at every task they take on. I would highly recommend them, not only for weddings, but for commercial work as well.ReplyCancel

• Becky Wiese - September 24, 2010 - 9:35 pm

The dress hanging alone was unique – and the meaning….?
    Peace, Becky WieseReplyCancel

• Carrie Silva-Rosenberg - September 26, 2010 - 10:24 am

Ever heard of “Picture Perfect”? They were!!! CarrieReplyCancel

• Patti - September 26, 2010 - 6:49 pm

The photos captured your creative spirits and the love you have for each other!ReplyCancel

• KT - September 28, 2010 - 3:35 pm

I am blown away by these photos. Nice Job!ReplyCancel

• Fast Eddie - October 14, 2010 - 2:53 pm

Great pics, in “Sling Blade” sort of way!! Had a blast at your wedding.ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

L e t ' s   B e   F r i e n d s